THIS EVENT IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COALITION FOR SMARTER GROWTH AND IS CO-SPONSORED BY YPT-DC.
A year ago, winning dedicated funding for Metro didn’t seem possible. Now, the impossible happened. With funding in hand, how did we win and what do we do from here?
Join the Coalition for Smarter Growth and two expert panels to talk about how we finally won the fight for dedicated funding and what needs to happen now that Metro has the money.
During the first panel, we’ll take a look back at the last year. Who were the major players? How did all three jurisdictions come together to take this historic step? Then, we’ll look forward: with dedicated funding in hand, what will it buy us?
Join us for a fireside chat with key players, politicians, campaign insiders, and outside observers on how we got to where we are and how we can move forward to solidify a sustainable future for Metro.
- Martin Di Caro | Bloomberg
- Clare Flannery | MetroNow
- Kirk Hovenkotter | TransitCenter
- Kate Mattice | Northern Virginia Transportation Commission
- Joe McAndrew | Greater Washington Partnership
- Bob McCartney | The Washington Post
- Dru Schmidt-Perkins | Former Executive Director, 1000 Friends of Maryland
- Joanne Tang | Greater Greater Washington